Our corporate practice serves our clients’ investment needs by assisting them in the execution of both domestic and multi-jurisdictional transactions in an efficient and compliant manner; achieving business and transactional objectives as well as minimizing risks. Our corporate lawyers are trusted advisors to institutional and individual investors, family offices and founder owned businesses. Our services include:
• Formation of international and domestic entities, including the incorporation of offshore branches and subsidiaries.
• Drafting and negotiation of a wide array of business contracts, including operating agreements, shareholder agreements, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase contracts, joint venture agreements and distribution agreements.
• Implementation of corporate structures specifically designed for the acquisition of assets or real estate by domestic and/or international investors.
• Business integration planning that facilitates smooth transitions and efficient operations in the U.S. and in Latin America.
• Leveraging a wide network of attorneys, providing specialized counsel to address complex regulatory issues.
• Advising high net-worth individuals and families on structuring and protecting their investments in the U.S. and abroad.
• Acquisition and ownership of luxury residences, fine art, aircrafts and yachts.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Salcedo Attorneys at Law P.A. regularly represents its clients in the acquisition of businesses and expansion of operations in the U.S. and Latin America. Mergers and acquisitions can prove to be complex transactions, particularly in a cross-border setting and therefore require the guidance of competent counsel. It is crucial to perform a thorough review of the target business, with effective counsel that focuses in the understanding of the culture and environment in which the business operates. Our services in the area of mergers and acquisitions include the following:
• Review of acquisition opportunities and risk assessment in context.
• Drafting and negotiation of business contracts, including asset purchase agreements, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, stock purchase agreements, joint venture agreements and distribution agreements.
• Handling of real estate matters associated with acquisitions and mergers, including transactions regarding facilities.
• Business integration in the U.S. and in Latin America that facilitates smooth transitions and efficient operations.
• Management of essential regulatory and licensing matters.
• Performance of legal due diligence to review key legal elements and potential liabilities of the targeted business.
Salcedo Attorneys at Law P.A is a trusted advisor of corporate clients, boards and committees, on corporate and governance issues as well as day to day operations including the following:
• Board and committees compositions and powers; and
• Board and officers succession, appointment, removal, evaluation, compensation and best practices policies and process.
Our tax practice group is formed of tax counsels with cross border experience as well as in depth knowledge of tax regulations and treaties. Our team routinely represents foreign and domestic clients with significant assets, such as businesses and real estate holdings. We advise our clients in tax planning and the implementation of structures including overseas entities to minimize worldwide tax exposure and maximize after-tax yield.
• Choice and establishment of legal/tax entities and business operations in all jurisdictions, whether for planning or operational reasons.
• Asset protection by class of asset and class of risk.
• Institutionalization of family wealth, family governance, succession, ownership changes and strategies.
• Tax planning for immigration to the United States from all jurisdictions.
• Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act “FATCA” advice and implementation.
Planning for the unexpected can be a burdensome process. Salcedo Attorneys at Law P.A. assists its clients in the design and implementation of their estate plans, with a careful eye to the protection of our clients’ privacy and avoidance of potential tax pitfalls. Our services in this area include:
• Drafting trust and trustee arrangements, such as foreign revocable/irrevocable grantor trust, insurance trust, asset protection trust, and totten trust.
• Drafting wills and testaments, durable power of attorneys, designations of health care surrogate, and declarations of preneed guarding for United States persons.
• Facilitating regulatory advice cross-boarders, and assisting in trust and estate administration.
• Ensuring proper planning procedures (e.g., distributions, tax elections) are followed succeeding the death of family members.
The State of Florida offers one of the most dynamic real estate markets within the United States. Salcedo Attorneys at Law P.A. has vast experience in assisting clients with their real estate investments and divestments. Our services include the following:
• Design of corporate structures involving use of tax-advantaged vehicles to purchase, lease, and/or own real estate, for Non-Resident Aliens and United States persons.
• Purchase, sale, and leasing of residential and commercial properties, including manufacturing, shopping centers, hotels, offices, retail and warehouse spaces and mixed-use properties.
• Purchase and sale of low-income housing developments and other residential real estate in the United States.
• Financing, including the development and negotiation of commercial loan opportunities and private offerings related to real estate investments Landlord-tenant matters involving commercial and residential properties.
• Assistance with real estate transactions that require FIRPTA withholding and/or 1031-exchange services.
• Representation of institutional lenders and hard cash lenders in various types of loan transaction including consumer loans, investment loans, and construction loans.
• Negotiations of tenant/landlord matters including eviction proceedings.
• Authorized agent for various national title insurance underwriting companies, providing title, closing, settlement, and escrow services for purchasers, sellers, and lenders for all types of real property located within the State of Florida.
• Management of real estate property for foreign high net-worth clients.
Expanding a business in the United States offers access to the world’s largest economy, but requires the free movement of human capital. To assist our clients in attracting and maintaining talent for their United States businesses, Salcedo Attorneys at Law P.A. offers a wide variety of business immigration services:
• Inbound visas and permanent residence (in the United States), such as, among others:
o NAFTA Professional (TN) for Mexicans and Canadians.
o H1-B work visas for professionals, which may be limitedly available.
o O visas for exceptionally qualified foreign business leaders.
o L visas that may be available when foreign transfers within a corporation are involved.
o E-2 and EB-5 investor visas.
• Immigration compliance.
• Support for private clients seeking to expatriate from their home countries and re-domicile themselves in the United States.
• Pre-immigration tax planning.